Now that that How I Met Your Mother is coming to an end tomorrow after a 9 season long run, it’s time to look back on some of the best moments of this fantasticly written and entertaining show:
10. When Ted met Robin, Season 1, Episode 1
Ted meeting Robin was the catalyst for the entire show and how it played out. It is also the blue french horn episode. While the courtship only lasted through season 1, it kept the audience wondering where the tie in was.
9. Graduation Goggles Season 6, Episode 20 - That moment you are about to end a relationship, and then suddenly, you get misty eyed from all the great memories, played back to you in slow motion in sepia tones to a Sarah McLaughlin song. Graduation goggles.
8. Crazy Eyes Season 2, Episode 7 - This teaching moment is something I’ve taken with me through all of my observations with people I’ve dated.
7. Slap Bet - In the final season Marshall relays the second to last slap, turning into the best rendition of, “You Just Got Slapped” by Boys II Men.
6. Damnit Patrice! - Robin’s love/hate relationship with co-worker Patrice is one for the ages in my books.
5. The End of the Aisle, Season 9, Episode 22
“But love doesn’t make sense! You can’t logic your way into or out of it! Love is totally nonsensical, but we have to keep doing it… or else we’re lost and love is dead and humanity is just packing in. Because love is the best thing we do! Look, I know that sounds cheesy but it’s just true. You love Barney and he loves you and that doesn’t have to make sense to make sense.” - Ted
4. Cat Funeral Season 5, Episode 4 - Marshall puts together powerpoints for everything. Magic moment is thus created.
3. Robin Sparkles, Lets Go To The Mall, Season 2 Episode 9 -
Who will ever live it down that Robin was a teen Canadian pop star? Not me.
2. How Your Mother Met Me, Season 9 Episode 16 -
The Mother delivered three great moments in this episode, which made me fall in love with her more and faster than any of the other characters in the series. Her story personally resonated with me, which struck a few heart cords - something that rarely happens.
“It’s silly, but it’s like the first lottery ticket I ever bought was, kaboom, jackpot! And I’m pretty sure I’m not going to win again. Not like that anyway.” - The Mother
“I’ve got a situation here. I think that I have been holding myself back from falling in love again. And I think it’s because I can’t let you go. But you’re not here any more so I have to ask this: Would it be okay if I moved on?” - The Mother
And finally THIS moment: La Vie In Rose
1. As Fast As She Can - “I know that you’re tired of waiting, and you may have to wait a little while more but she’s on her way Ted. And she’s getting here as fast as she can." - Stella, Season 4 Episode 23
As we say goodbye to one of my favourite comedy on television, what are some of your top moments?